What would you like to know?
Here are the answers to some of our guests’ most frequently asked questions.
Can you provide an online quote?
Getting a no-obligation personalised quote is a quick and easy process. To see all of our prices and special offers, simply enter your intended arrival and departure dates, the number of adults and children in your party, and your accommodation preferences in the “online booking” section of our website
Can I book online?
Booking direct on our website is simple and convenient. For real-time prices and availability, simply enter the relevant information in the “online booking” section. We guarantee that you will find the very best prices on our website!
Why is it better to book via our official website rather than on another portal (e.g. Booking.com, Expedia, etc.)?
Booking direct through our site offers a number of extra benefits:
- access to exclusive offers
- 12.00pm checkout (rather than the 10.30am check-out required when booking through other sites)
- all prices already include the local tourist tax (€2.00 per person per night)
- special check-out (on your departure day you will be allowed to use the pools and spa until 8.00pm)
- direct communication with our staff.
Why do your prices vary from day to day?
Prices vary depending on the availability of rooms, and as such they will be affected by changes in demand. Normally, the earlier you book, the lower the price will be.
Do I need a credit card to book?
A credit card is required for every booking. Even with bookings where payment is not required up front, the card is used as a form of guarantee. Nothing is charged to the card if a cancellation is made within the agreed timeframe
What are the payment and cancellation terms and conditions?
The payment and cancellation terms and conditions vary from one offer to the next.
- Non-refundable: the offer must be paid upfront when booking, using a credit card, PayPal or bank transfer.
- Free cancellation: The reservation can be freely changed or canceled until 48 hours before check-in (h. 2.00 pm on the day of arrival).
What is a pre-authorisation?
Pre-authorisation IS NOT AN ACTUAL CHARGE; rather, it allows us to “charge” an amount to your credit/debit card purely to verify the validity of the card details you provide us with during the booking process (and to check that there are funds available for the actual booking via that card). If you choose the “Free cancellation” rate, a pre-authorisation amount of the cost of the first night of your stay will be “charged” to your card.
- When is the hotel pre-authorised?
The hotel may check your card at any time. In the case of pre-paid cards, we recommend checking the availability of funds on the card before booking.
- What happens if the pre-authorisation process result in your card being denied?
If the card verification is unsuccessful, you will be asked to provide a new card with the necessary amount within 24 hours. If a new card is not provided or if an alternative card is supplied again with an insufficient balance, the reservation will automatically be cancelled.
- What happens when I check-out?
At check-out, you can still pay using your preferred method. If the outstanding balance is paid in cash, by debit card or using another card, the hotel will CANCEL the pre-authorisation amount and the amount in question will then be available on the card within 48-72 hours, depending on the bank and payment system used. Alternatively, you can request that the pre-authorisation process be CANCELLED, charging the booked amount to the credit card used during the booking process. If you wish to cancel the pre-authorisation process, please make sure that you have the card you used to make the booking when the time comes to check out. If you do not have the original card in your possession, the pre-authorisation process will be cancelled and you will then need to pay the outstanding balance with another credit/debit card or in cash.
- Bank messages
If you have SMS alerts activated (i.e. if you receive message every time your card is used for a payment), please be aware that on occasion the pre-authorisations are “confused” and may be considered as actual payments. This means that when a pre-authorisation is applied, many banks will send the exact same SMS that you would receive if you had made an actual payment. This creates a whole load of confusion because you may end up believing that the amount in question has been, whereas in truth what we are dealing with is a pre-authorisation payment, which equates to a “temporary” amount equating to the cost of the first night of your stay. In statements for pre-paid cards, pre-authorisations are sometimes classed as “pre-authorised charges” or “movements waiting for accounting”.
How do I know that my booking is confirmed?
At the conclusion of the booking process, you will receive an automated email with a confirmation code and a list of the services included in your booking.
Can I change an online booking?
You can change or cancel your booking directly via our website. We will send you an email to confirm the change or cancellation. Our customer support service is open from 7.30am to 9.30pm in any case.
Do you offer a customer support service?
Of course – you can contact us for support on any issues that may arise by using the chat function on our website, by email at email@example.com or by phone on +0039 049 8231111.
Which credit cards do you accept?
American Express, Visa, Euro/Mastercard, CartaSi, Carte Bleue, Maestro and JCG. We also accept PayPal payments.
Do you offer non-smoking rooms?
Yes, smoking is not permitted in any of our rooms, but guests who wish to smoke can choose a room with a balcony.
Do you offer reduced rates for children?
- Babies (0 – 1 year old): €19.00 per night, meals not included, sleeping in a cot. The supplement will also be charged in cases where you wish to use your own cot.
- Children (2 – 9 years old): 50% off the adult rate.
- Youth (10 – 17 years old): 10% off the adult rate.
To receive a personalised quote for a family stay, simply enter each child’s age in the “online booking” section on our website.
Do you allow pets?
Your pets (small dogs / cats) are very welcome! We have rooms with parquet floors that are perfect for them. A special welcome is on offer for only €14!
Here are some simple rules that will ensure a comfortable stay for all our guests:
- We ask you to use a leash in the public areas
- Our little four-legged friends are not allowed to access the indoor and outdoor pools, the bar, the restaurant, the spa or the beauty farm
- We ask you never to leave them unattended in the room, as this could result in them disturbing other guests
- The staff are on hand to arrange daily cleaning of the room. During room cleaning, your pet should be left in the pet carrier so that the cleaning personnel can go about their duties unhindered
- Any damage caused by your pet will be charged.
The daily charge will be applied for cleaning the room on your departure, ensuring that the guests who come after you will enjoy the best possible stay with us!
Check-in / Check-out
When will my room be available for me?
Your room will be ready from 2.00pm on your scheduled arrival day (3.30pm on long weekends and public holidays). Given that we can only provide access to your room from 2.00pm onwards, we would recommend that you do not arrive before midday (this is particularly important at at weekends). You will receive your pool towel and bathrobe when you are shown to your room.
Can we have lunch in the restaurant on the day of arrival, even if our room is not ready?
Full-board accommodation packages start with the dinner on your arrival day and end with lunch on your departure day. Reception must be informed of any changes to this arrangement at least one day before your arrival so that, if you wish, you can enjoy a delicious meal prepared by our chef prior to being given access to your room.
What time do we have to leave our room on our departure day?
If you made your booking with us directly through our website www.savoiaterme.it or via one of our own operators, you will be asked to vacate your room by 12.00pm. If you booked through other channels you will be are required to check-out by 10.30am.
With our late check-out option (€30.00 per person, by prior arrangement and subject to availability), you may occupy your room until 9.00pm.
Can I use the thermal pools and spa even after I have checked out?
Guests may use the thermal pools and the spa even after the check-out time on their departure day by paying an additional fee of €15.00 per person (a locker with a combination code will be provided for the changing room). This service is free in the event of direct booking (without locker). There are no additional costs for guests who have booked the “late check-out” option.
Which services are included in the price?
You can enjoy numerous services and benefits during your stay:
- Spa: Finnish sauna, Turkish bath, Kneipp circuit and sensory showers
- indoor thermal pool
- outdoor pool with hydromassage jets and upper-body waterfalls
- indoor relaxation solarium and large outdoor thermal garden
- group exercise sessions in the thermal pool
- bathrobe and pool towels provided
- Technogym® Fitness room
- exercise bikes
- 5,000m2 of exclusive gardens and parkland
- on-site car park
Does the hotel offer parking?
Spacious private parking with outdoor parking spaces available free of charge (indoor space are available at a cost of €5.00 per day).
Is there somewhere I can leave my luggage?
A convenient room is available next to Reception for guests to store their luggage while they are waiting for their room to be ready on their arrival day, or following check-out on their departure day – for instance if they wish to remain at the hotel for a few more hours, or to go for a stroll through Abano Terme.
Does the hotel have Wi-Fi?
Wi-Fi is available throughout the hotel. For access, guests can either register by entering the following information in the registration form: name, surname, room number and birthday.
What meals are available at the Hotel?
Breakfast 7.30am – 10.00am | Lunch 12.30pm – 1.30pm | Dinner 7.30pm – 8.30pm
(Entry to the breakfast room / restaurant)
- BREAKFAST ROOM & BAR: you can enjoy breakfast in your “SAVOIA” bathrobe.
- RESTAURANT: for men only, long trousers are required. In June and August short trousers are permitted at lunch ONLY (no swimsuits, flip-flops or vests allowed).
Do you offer transfers to and from the airport, or to and from the railway station?
On request, we can organise transfers to and from Venice Airport.
Guests travelling to Padua and Terme Euganee by train can continue their journey by taxi from the station, or they can take a “Colli” line bus.
Can I customise my stay at the hotel?
For a more rewarding experience, may we recommend (services not included in room price):
- lunch/dinner in the restaurant
- a welcome package of Prosecco and a fruit basket awaiting you in your room when you arrive
- cakes for special occasions
- your bed scattered with rose petals
- a round of golf with a green fee discount
- spa and health treatments.
What service and facilities does the hotel offer for those with disabilities?
Hotel Savoia Thermæ & Spa is a fully accessible building with no architectural barriers. For guests who have with mobility issues, we offer:
- a 65m² room with 2 bathrooms, one of which is suitable for those with disabilities, featuring a shower with a folding seat and grab rails to facilitate use
- a lift suitable for wheelchair users
- free, reserved car-parking space (with disable markings)
- powered hydraulic lift for access to the pool
- handrails around the entire perimeter of the indoor and outdoor pool
- doctor on site every day
- tourist-tax exemption with certification, pursuant to the legal requirements.
Where and how should I book health, wellness and beauty treatments?
For the most complete range of available times and services, we recommend reserving treatments when you book your stay.
Treatments can be reserved by calling us on 0039 049 8231 111 (ask to speak to a member of the spa staff) any time between 9.30am and 12.30pm and 23.0 pm and 6.00 pm, 7 days a week, or by emailing us with your requests at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Can children use the spa facilities?
With certain exceptions, children are welcome to use the thermal pools and relaxation areas, accompanied a parent or guardian; please bear in mind, however, that quiet surroundings are in the interests of everybody’s wellbeing. Children are permitted able to access the sauna area, Turkish bath, sensory showers, Kneipp circuit or the gym.
When are the spa facilities open?
Thermal pools: 8.00am to 8.00pm
Spa: 10.00am to 11.00pm
Fitness room: 8.00am to 10.00pm.
Do I need to wear a swimming cap to use the pool?
Yes, to store water in excellent condition.
Can I invite guests who are not staying at the hotel to use the spa?
Entry to the pools is subject to the availability of spaces, even for guests who are redeeming gift vouchers.
Prices are for access to the Thermal Pools & spa, including the connecting indoor and outdoor thermal pools with hydromassage jets, and entry to the spa, with its Finnish sauna, Turkish bath (with thermal steam), Kneipp circuit and sensory showers.
Children can access the facilities on request.